RNA day is celebrated the 1st of August, since the RNA codon that initiates protein synthesis is made of the following nucleotides: adenine (A), uracil (U), and guanine (G). AUG codes for the amino acid methionine (Met) in eukaryotes and formyl methionine (fMet) in prokaryotes.
RNA is one of the most versatile biomolecules in existence and the focus of siTOOLs research, so we asked the siTOOLs team which is their favorite RNA molecule.✨
1. Dr. Michael Hannus – Founder and Managing Director:
2. Dr. Nicola Conci – RNA-Seq Specialist & Bioinformatician:
3. Matthias Weiss- Head of Production:
4. Kevin Wobedo – Scientific Sales & Marketing:
5. Dr. Laura Leiva – Scientific Marketing:
6. Jessie Midgley – Junior Sales Manager: